When you’ve opted to break your general junk food fast, or you’re craving something delicious while feeling irrevocably lazy, an old-fashioned homemade sandwich is typically your best bet. It’s also a great alternative for protein-measuring fitness junkies, as it comes brimming with beans and/or chicken. Under 25 minutes.
Chopping Time: 10 minutes
Sauté time: 7 minutes
Grill time: 3 minutes
These ingredients create 4-5 sandwiches. Good for two.
For the sauté:
1 tsp of Olive oil
4 cloves of garlic, crushed
½ cup of onions, chopped
1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, whole
1 can of black beans
1/2 cup of Basilico sauce/tomato puree
¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
Salt, pepper, oregano & chilli flakes to taste
Wholegrain Bread, sliced
1 cup of olives
Optional: ¾ cup broccoli, chopped,
½ cup chicken, grilled
½ a beetroot, boiled separately
- Heat a pan with 1 tsp of olive oil. Toss in the crushed garlic & onions – cook until golden.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, green peppers, and broccoli and cook for 2 minutes.
- Now, add black beans, the Basilico sauce & parsley to the mix. Season with salt, pepper, oregano and chilli flakes.
- Set mixture aside.
- Turn on the grill. Butter two slices of bread, add above mixture, olives, beetroot slices and grilled chicken [Season if needed].
- Grill for 3 minutes until the toast is crispy on the outside.
Serve hot with a side of fresh salad and lime. Maybe even add some cheese if you’re craving calories.
Let us know how it turns out! Bon Appetit.