If you have a sweet tooth, you’re going to adore us for this new series: Oreo Recipes. First up, we show you how to many delicious layered Oreo Brownies from scratch. Pair it with ice cream for a fancy dessert or gobble them down on movie night.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
* 1 cup butter, softened
* 2 cups sugar
* 4 eggs
* 1 tsp. vanilla
* ½ cup unsweetened cocoa
* 1⅓ cups flour
* ½ tsp salt
* 1 pkg. Double Stuffed Oreos
* 6-8 oz. cream cheese, softened, add more as needed Chocolate layer
* 1½ cups milk chocolate chips
* ½ cup semi-sweet milk chocolate chips
* 1 Tablespoon shortening
How to create these unforgettable Oreo Brownies:
- The brownie bit: Cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs and blend well. Add vanilla, salt, cocoa and flour. Don’t overbeat. Pour into a greased 9X13 pan. Bake at 180℃ for 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- Oreo truffle layer: While Oreo brownies are cooling, make Oreo truffle layer. Crush Oreos finely in a food processor or by putting them in a ziplock bag and smashing them until finely ground with a rolling pin. When Oreos are finely crushed, using, mash softened cream cheese and crushed Oreos until well combined. Start with 4 oz and keep adding until desired consistency is reached.
- When brownies have cooled completely, place layer of Oreo truffle on top.
- The chocolate layer: Combine chocolate chips and shortening together in a medium microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between each increment until melted and smooth.
- Evenly spread over the top of Oreo Truffle layer.Let set in the fridge before cutting into.
Featured Image Source: http://www.sweetlyserendipity.com
We love to hear from you: Did you re-create this at home? How did they taste? Tell us about your experience in the comments below.