You’ve seen plenty of these lists, but here’s the B-Change team’s take on low budget and fun things to do in Dubai this winter that will take you from Jumeirah to Sheikh Zayed Road down to Karama. Take a look [and check these off as you go]:
1. Go to Mamzar beach [the new extension] with Al Mallah manakeesh.
2. Take a road trip to Ras Al Khaimah and maybe stay at the Cove?
3. Take friends out for a camping night in the desert.
4. Go for shisha to Jumeirah – Tche Tche possibly.
5. Attend one of the crazy concerts in Abu Dhabi or check out Zero Gravity‘s winter line up.
6. Plan a trip to Salalah, Oman.
7. Drive to Jebel Jais for a fun bonfire night – marshmallows, scary ghost stories and fun games.
8. Visit the Al Ain Zoo with a few friends and be childlike again [Don’t forget to have cotton candy].
9. Set up a massive BBQ plan at Creek Park.
10. Do an adrenaline-fueled evening by making an appointment at Dubai Autodrome [Their Arrive & Drive is super fun].
11. Go and spend some time alone at Jumeirah beach – watch people, drink coffee and just sit. You will learn more about yourself than you have in a lifetime.
12. Go café-hopping all month and try their specials: Starbucks, Nero, Tim Horton’s, Second Cup, Tea Leaf, Costa, Caribou.
13. Find a charity or cause that you’re passionate about and volunteer. Winter is the most difficult time for the underprivileged. Try this list of charities in Dubai.
14. Make your own kites and fly them on Kite beach in Dubai.
15. Plan and cook an elaborate meal for the family on the balcony.
16. Set up a fancy daytime yacht party at Dubai Marina with friends and strangers.
17. Go fly-boarding or jet skiing with Ride in Dubai.
18. Go skydiving at Skydive Dubai.
19. Go to a waterpark – Wild Wadi or Yas Waterworld in AD. The rides are all the more fun when it’s breezy out.
20. Go to Reem Bakery in Bur Dubai and have their famous chilli cheese garlic manakeesh.
21. Try 5 different shawarma joints on the boot of your car.
22. Rent an overnight chalet for an all-night party.
23. Go rock-climbing or sky trailing at Mirdif City Centre or indulge in a little child-like fun at the arcade.
24. Make a booking at BOUNCE and bounce. Recommended for large groups.
25. Create your own milkshake and burger combo at The Counter on JBR.
26. Plan a sushi date with your significant other or a friend at Sushi Counter, near DWTC.
27. Have an evening planned for glow in the dark mini-golfing at WAFI.
28. Shop at Naif Souk – you haven’t really seen Dubai’s underbelly until you’ve seen Naif Souk. It’s one of the oldest shopping markets in Dubai and you’ll find some great steals here.
29. If you’re one for shisha, settle into one of Reem Al Bawadi’s many outdoor outlets, kick back and catch up with old friends. They also serve delicious Arabic cuisine.
30. Find SALT or visit other food trucks in Dubai.
What are you planning to do to make the most of Dubai winters? Add to this list of things to do in Dubai in the comments below.
Recommended: 6 Unbeatable Destinations For Snorkelling In The Middle East
5 Post-Work Happy Hours In Dubai You Need To Try | Vol. I