International, renowned yoga instructors invite you to join what’s set to be the largest mind-body initiative in the Middle East, from February 19 to 20, 2016: XYoga Dubai.
The inaugural XYoga Dubai Festival, founded by Dubai Tourism and XDubai, and presented by du, announces its line-up of internationally renowned Yogis from around the world.
The festival will be a 2-day full-immersion yoga and well-being event, including the main session on February 19, and a series of free yoga sessions, workshops and talks for all ages and abilities on February 20.
The Yogis attending include:
- YouTube sensation, Dashama Konah, who will be sharing her journey from student to teacher through her transformative experiences with her yoga practice. Dashama will be demonstrating heryoga and meditation techniques aimed at healing the mind and challenging the body.
- LA based Sadie Nardini, the founder of Core Strength Vinyasa Yoga and all round rock star, will be bringing her niche style of yoga that teaches powerful movement to turbo boost any practice with her real-world mix of eastern and western techniques.
- From New York City, Dr. Amy Rachelle is an expert detox doctor who teaches a unique medicinal approach to cleansing and healing with whole, vegan and raw foods. Dr. Amy’s Pure Raw Approach is specific to healing candida, parasites and gaining balance physically and emotionally.
- Sanne Kerkhof is a certified Vijnana yoga teacher and expert in pregnancy yoga. As a mother of three children, Sanne’s teaching is supported by her extensive personal experience, contributing to pregnant women’s physical and mental process.
- Yoga Guru, Suneel Singh has captured the minds of many yogis around the world and now brings his various types of yoga asanas and meditation techniques to Dubai. Integrating age old traditional forms of yoga and meditation with newer forms of exercise, Suneel’s techniques suit the modern yogi.
- Tao Porchon-Lynch is certified by Guinness World Records as the world’s oldest yoga teacher at 97 years old. She teaches at various studios around her home in White Plains, New York. A devout vegetarian, Tao strenuously avoids medication and supplements and has devoted her life to teaching yoga, travelling frequently to India to continue her study of the art.
- And, creating yoga photo art, Brian Crawford, a self-made and highly regarded American artist will be capturing the spirit of the festival and the power of the human form against the breathtaking Burj Khalifa back drop.
In addition to the main yoga session on the 19 and a variety of live music sets and entertainment experiences for Dubai residents and visitors to enjoy, there are also a series of pre-activations, such as an experiential Yoga Truck with yoga demonstrations stopping at key locations around the city and yoga flash mobs.
XYoga Dubai Festival Itinerary
14:00 Amy Rachelle – Detox Workshop
14:00 Yoga for All with Tao
15:30 Sadie Nardini – Root Awakening Class/Workshop
15:30 Sanne Kerkhof – Pregnancy Yoga
17:00 SUP Yoga Demo with Dashama Konah
7:00 Pranashama Sunrise Yoga with Dashama
8:00 Meditation with Suneel Singh
9:00 Vinyasa Yoga with Sadie Nardini
10:00 Spinal Cord Yoga with Suneel Singh
11:00 Yoga for All with Tao
14:00 Sanne Kerkhof – Therapeutic Yoga Workshop
14:00 Amy Rachelle – Detox Workshop
17:00 SUP Yoga Demo with Dashama
Other event sponsors include Reebok, Cadillac and Skydive Dubai, as well as media sponsors 7 Days, Zee TV, Zee Living, Emaar as the venue partner and Dubai Sports Council as strategic partner.
Will you be attending XYoga? Does Dubai need a Yoga Festival? Is it up your alley? Tell us in the comments below.