Photojournalist: Natasha Kishore
On cloudy Friday night atop the Jumeirah Emirates Towers oozing with glamour, Splash unveiled its Spring-Summer collection. Titled, a Brave New World, it takes fashion back to focus on the simplicity of each element of clothing and style.
Splash presented pieces that were an amalgamation of the luxe fabrics in simple, basic silhouettes. The season’s trends were interpreted in a way that appeared almost close to nature at an elevated level.
Leading the finale with Nisha Jagtiani to a standing ovation, Raza Beig, CEO Splash & ICONIC added, “This season was about exploring the roots and going back to our basics from where it began and so we presented a very clean, minimalistic collection that infused the modernity around us. We highlighted two key themes namely Luxe Zen & Gypset. In terms of the venue we wanted to have an open air area surrounded by the beautiful Dubai skyline that juxtaposed our nature- inspired runway adorned with geometric installations and trees.
Additionally this range will be added to the ‘Splash Studio’ collection that was introduced last season which specifically features the runway pieces.”
The post two dominant trends featuring at SS’15 fashion Show:
The collection will have a strong Far East exotic Japanese influence with a good mix of classic and new silhouettes. Simplicity and clean lines will be the highlight sending out a demure vibe.
- Mix of fabrics and textures that stimulate paper, jute and fibre.
- Flowly silhouettes adds to the free flowing spirit being captured in the collection.
- Within the collection there is a strong presence of prints which are both tropical and florals.
- Colors range from cotton white , classic neutrals with injection of bright colors and black and gray accents to naturally highlight the look.
- Key pieces include boxy kimono tops, long tabard tunics, Bermuda coolots, jumpsuits and Bardot tops.
- Earthy tones with a Modern Monk influence in the cuts and styles.
- Silhouettes are minimalistic with sleeveless long length shirts and tees being the key items in the line with mandarin collars making an appearance.
- With an interesting mix of shades to bring the collection alive you have New Wheat, Neutral Grey and Sleet/Stone .
- Prints include micro-geometry, oriental landscapes and marble painting.
- Fabrics vary from rice paper textures, natural fibers and canvas.
- Sporty influence can be expected with joggers.
Capture the mysterious, free-spirited bohemian and gypsy culture with this trend that takes you on a whimsical ride this season.
- Features suede fringes in a big way bringing back the retro trend back with a healthy dose of florals in its prettiest best.
- paisley dresses, tan suede and adorned with tassels can be seen on key pieces
- Key pieces include floral printed maxi dresses, maxi skirts,70’s inspired flared pants, capes and ponchos
- The trend will see color like white, tan, yellow, orange and off-whites.
- Paisley prints rule the roost.
- Summer darks are obvious with vine, dark tans, black and blood reds.
- Prints are big in the collection with an infuse of solid colors to break the layering and prints.
- Layering of lightweight fabrics in different patterns.
- Denims make an appearance in the collection in paisley and micro-floral prints.
- Fresh burst of colors with amber, rose tan, apricot buff with blue and black accents.
- The boho trend lends itself a very rockstar-ish feel with details and flowing layers.
Take a look at our entire gallery here: