When: 12pm to 3am
It just has to feel right for me. I have been making mixes for enough time now, that it is just a feeling inside me when I know it’s right.
We talked about decision-making, what he expects of his Dubai set and other artists to watch out for – Here’s what he said:
1. How do you decide that you’re going to mix a particular song?
I really have to love the vocals and they must inspire me especially because it means I will be basically be writing a new track, so it has to move me.
2. Can you tell us three songs that you currently have on loop?
It never stays the same like that, but I can tell you I have my new mix of Rihanna’s, Sext with Me,; Will Clarke’s Booty Percolatin, and I also am loving the KC Lights remix of False Alarm by Matoma featuring Becky Hill.
3. DXBeach draws a Dubai crowd of over 6,000 people! What they can expect from your set?
I am not really good at planning my sets, since I make changes on the fly depending on what I am feeling from the crowd – All I can say is wear trainers or comfy dancing shoes.
4. What are your pre-concert rituals?
Chill for a few mins, say hi to friends and try to think about what I might have in my toolkit for the show.
5. Can you give us three artists to watch out for in 2017?
I think KC Lights is going to breakout, I am really into Aurora. And I love this new act Verite, who I collaborated with on some songs for my album.
You’ll love: Smash Producer Jonas Blue Plays Zero Gravity Dubai | Interview and Groove on: 6 Cafes With Live Music in Dubai